Monday 16 December 2013

Pre-Production: Actors

For my cast I only needed to cast 5 different roles;

  • The Main Protagonist (Female, 17/18)
  • The Boyfriend (Male 17/18)
  • Three Bullies (Female 17/18)
For the main protagonist I chose one of my friends Susanne Barton.

I like Susie as my character because she is very petite and has soft features which give her an innocent look which is perfect for the role I am casting her in. She is also an actress and a singer which means she already has experience in this field and can be easily directed.

This is the boy I have cast to play the boyfriend.

I think Dan will be perfect to play this role since again he has lots of experience in acting and singing and is very trustworthy. I also wanted to have a boy who was taller and bigger than the main girl so the boyfriend will look protective but caring and that's why I've selected Dan.

For the final cast members I wanted three girls who have good chemistry together as friends but could also represent the stereotype of a "bitchy" school girl. My ideal vision is to cast a set of girls like Regina, Gretchen and Karen from the movie "Mean Girls", so when I found Sophie, Daisy and Emily I thought they were perfect for the role. They all also have acting experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment