Monday 16 December 2013

Pre-Production: Locations

For my music video I need to use four different locations.

The first location is the setting of our main character's boyfriend's grave. For this I decided to use the Ringwood Cemetery. It's perfect for my video since also its a sad place it looks peaceful and is a safe place for the main character to run to when she feels lonely. I thought of the idea of using a gravestone as the boyfriend's grave but thought it might be disrespectful so she through the use of my camera shots I will portray that when the girl comes here she feels the presence of her boyfriend.


The second location is a place where our girl will get bullied and feel very alone. For this I decided to use my school "Ringwood School" since bullying is closely associated with schools and also it's a place where you can see your friends so helps emphasize the loneliness of our main character. At school I will use smaller locations such as the study, the common room and common rooms where the bullying will take place.



The third location has to be a representation of heaven. For this I am going to use the new forest since it is very serene and beautiful just like the scene that takes place at the end. Also due to the green colours of the scene it will help the couple stand out as if they are all that matters now that they are in heaven together.



I will also be using my house as the final location and the setting of the death scene and the performance space where the main character will sing. I believe my house is good for this since it represents a place where you can be safe and you have control. It is also playing the space where the girl really contemplates her life so a house is good because no one can see her. I will use my bathroom as the play where she commits suicide since drowning yourself is an easy way to film a suicide instead of doing something extravagant so a bathroom works well.

No comments:

Post a Comment