Monday 16 December 2013

Pre-Production: Costumes

For costumes I wanted to represent every day school life. This is why I've dressed most my cast in casual, sixth form clothes. As I want to detach the audience from the "mean girls" I am going to dress them in the stereotypical pink outfits to not only direct the audience to a clique of school but also to make them look like a pack so you empathize more with the protagonist.
For the main character and her boyfriend I have dressed them in alternative, hipster outfits to show they are not extravagant characters and quite quirky and different and also to contrast them to the bullies. After the death scene I have decided to then dress these two characters in white as it connotes peace and serenity and immediately shows the audience that the two are happy in heaven together.

Here are some examples of outfits:

Bullies


Boyfriend (flashback)


Girl


Boyfriend (heaven)

 
Girl (heaven)

No comments:

Post a Comment